I now have just under 24 weeks to Outlaw. I thought I would not drone on about my training upto now, but will be posting some of my training sessions that I am doing. Hope you will find them interesting and maybe you can have a go at some of the sessions.
Today was swim and run. I am still working around aerobic training and slowly builidng the distance up. Today’s sessions were as follows:
- Warm up – 4 x 100m building pace
- Main Set – 1 x 800m; 2 x 400m; 4 x 200m on 16 min; 8 min; 4 min.
- The 800m I concentrated on smooth strokes whilst the 400s and 200s were concentrating on bilateral breathing.
- Cool Down – 1 x 200m very easy pace
I’m very happy with where my swim is at currently. Distance will continue to grow over the next 6 weeks.
- 1hr 20 min track run at aerobic pace.
- I am still concentrating on my aerobic run pace. I can’t see myself running any quicker than aerobic on the race, so I am still running with my HRM at sorting out my pacing. The distance with my running is gradually increasing too and I will now not be running any less than this unless I complete a midweek brick.
Overall training is going well and I am happy with both my structure and fitness levels. I have changed my training this year to 100% aerobic following my HRM and I will probably stick with this until race day unless something goes drastically wrong. I have found that by keeping aerobic I am able to train more and my recovery is easier. I don’t have sore muscles from pushing myself too much, but I am also finding that my base fitness is improving greatly.
Have a fit and healthy day