As we start on the third week of 2017 I would like to pass on a few statistics
- Only 18% of those people who have signed up to use a gym in January are still using the gym that they are now paying to use.
- Nearly 30% of people will have already abandoned their New Year Resolutions.
- 66% of people will have abandoned their New Year Resolution by the end of this week
At the beginning of this challenge, I asked you to find 30 min each day to go out and exercise. I hope that you have been able to find this time and continue to do so. I asked you last week to start a gratitude jar. Each week you need to write down what you have been grateful for during the week and put the paper in a jar. At the end of the year, you can open the jar up and read what you have been grateful for within the year. So what are we going to be doing this week?
- Keep up with the 30 min of exercise.
- Write down what you have been grateful for this week and put it into your gratitude jar
- NEW – Practise being mindful.
When it comes to being mindful it can be as simple or as difficult as you want to make it, so lets make it simple. All I want you to do is practise the following:
When you are ready for bed, spend 5 min relaxing and concentrating on your breathing. Try and remove all thoughts and just concetrate on your breathing. Concentrate on how your body feels as you breath in and out. Try and concentrate on nothing else. If you need to, take yourself to part of your house where you are alone – even if its on the toilet! Take this time to just relax and concentrate on one thing – your breathing. When you have done this you will hopefully be more relaxed and ready for a good nights sleep.
Have a fit and healthy week