Here is last night’s boot camp workout. Working hard on the legs.
This workout is easy to manipulate to your own fitness level. The main theme was 3 sets worked as follows:
Warm Up – Prepare the body for exercise. This warm up was about warming the muscles rather than increasing the HR too much. Spend as much time as you need to warm up, especially if it is cold.
- 60 sec exercise 1
- 30 sec recovery
- 30 sec exercise 2
- 1 run (approx 400m in distance)
- 1 min recovery (water break if needed)
- repeat 3 times
- Exercise 1 – Squats
- Exercise 2 – Incline Press Ups – this was performed on a park bench.
- Exercise 1 – Lunges
- Exercise 2 – Leg raises – again using a park bench. Sit on the end of the bench and raise and lower your legs, keeping them straight.
- Exercise 1 – Split Lunge – work for 30 sec on each leg
- Exercise 2 – Incline Wide Arm Press Ups – on the bench again. Use the back of the bench for a more inclined effort. WIDE arms on this one though.
Cool Down – Remember to bring your body down from an exercised state. Ensure that you stretch off all the major muscle groups, pay particular attention to your quads and hamstrings.
By the end of this session, your legs will undoubtedly be screaming at you. Work strong and make sure that you keep your form good.
Have a fit and healthy day.