I don’t know about anyone else but I love burritos. So after this mornings workout I decided that I’d make this bad boy for lunch. I needed something filling but healthy, so opted for a quinoa filled burrito. I like using quinoa as it is a nutritionally dense super seed, contains a full protein profile with all 9 essential amino acids, plus a healthy dose of good carbs and lots of other essential nutrients, ideal for keeping my energy up for tonight’s boot camp eeeek!!😕 This also contains cannellini beans loads of veggies and a delicious cashew sour cream.
Youngest came home for school today hungry, so gave her one of these and she loved it. Bonus!!!!
Ingredients :- makes 6 portions
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 200g broccoli heads, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, diced
- 1 cup of frozen sweetcorn
- 285g jar sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 400g tin cannellini beans
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 2 tsps paprika
- 2 tsps ground cummin
- 2-3 tsps smoked chipotle paste
- chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- Salt/pepper to season
- 1 bunch coriander – finely chopped
- lime juice
- soft floured tortilla (preferably gluten free)
Cashew nut cream:-
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 heaped tbs nutritional yeast
- juice of large lemon ( more depending on how tangy you like it)
- 1 garlic clove
- salt, to taste
For Burrito mixture
- Wash quinoa and cook according to instructions.
- In a separate pan, sauté onions in a little oil (I used avocado oil) for about 5 min until soft. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 min.
- Add all others vegetables, paste and spices. Cook until tender. Add a little bit of water if required.
- Once quinoa is cooked, drain, rinse and add to the rest of the ingredients. Stir through.
- Take off the heat. Add salt/pepper to taste. Add chopped coriander and lime juice.
For Cashew Cream
- Drain and rinse soaked cashew nuts. Add to blender (I used Nutribullet) with all other ingredients. Blitz until smooth – I like mine of a pouring consistency.
- I add my cashew cream to the burrito mix (optional)
Warm up your tortilla, load it up and enjoy.