September 1st was our day one of a plant based diet, so the night before we decided to eat up some of the salmon that we had left and made this delicious curry. A gorgeuous, creamy, comforting, naughty tasting healthy dish crammed full of veggies. We found this recipe in the new Madeline Shaw Ready Steady Glow book. We will definitely be making this recipe again, but substituting the salmon for tofu.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 2 tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 400ml can cocunut milk (we used reduced fat)
- 2 courgettes – spiralized
- 2 carrots – spiralized (we added carrot to this recipe)
- 100g Mange Tout – Thinly sliced
- 2 skinless Salmon fillets – cut into 5cm cubes
- 2 spring onions – roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli – deseeded and finely chopped (we didn’t use this as the curry paste had enough of a kick)
- Heat the oil or butter in a pan on a medium heat. Add curry paste, garlic and ginger. Stir for around 30 sec.
- Add cocunut milk and cook for a few min.
- Add courgette, carrot and mange tout. Stir in the salmon. Pop lid on pan and cook on a low simmer for around 5 min.
- Serve and use the spring onion and chilli as garnish.