After a hard training session, there is nothing better than coming back to a healthy nutritious meal, especially one like this. An easy to make, super nutritious meal that takes around 15 min to make.
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Bunch of fresh basil
- 1 large aubergine
- olive oil or low cal cooking spray
- 400g tin chopped tomato
- lemon juice
- salt/pepper to taste
- pasta of choice
- parmigianao-reggiano cheese or dairy free option of choice
- Saute the onions in the olive oil. Add the garlic and half of the basil (finely chopped including the stalks) save some of the leaves for serving (I forgot haha!). When onions are soft add the can of chopped tomato and simmer gently.
- In a frying pan fry the roughly chopped aubergine. When golden, add to the tomato sauce. Add the lemon juice and salt/pepper to taste.
- Boil pasta according to instructions.
- Add pasta to sauce and serve.