I’ve realised that I haven’t posted any food for a while. The reason for this is that as a food prep addict I filled my freezer to the point of bursting so figured we had better eat some of the already prepared food before cooking again 🙂 I’ve also realised that I have posted 2 curry recipe’s back to back; apologies for that.
For avid readers of our blog, as you know, we love a curry in our house ;), so tonight’s dinner was a gorgeous Rogan Josh curry using left over chicken. Now, although we eat a meat free diet most of the time, the carnivores in my house were craving some meat so we made this nutritious little beauty. For all you slimming world fans out there this recipe is syn free if you use the curry paste recipe we used, but make sure you cut out the oil, I repeat, make sure you CUT OUT THE OIL!
- 1 large onions finely diced
- left over chicken
- thumb size piece of ginger finely chopped
- 3 heaped tbsp of rogan josh curry paste (if using shop bought curry paste, remember to syn it if following the slimming world plan)
- 1 red chilli finely sliced (de-seed if you don’t want it too spicy)
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 4 bay leaves
- bunch of coriander finely chopped including stalks
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 400g can of chickpeas
- low calorie cooking spray
This is so easy to make and tastes delicious. Saute the onions in low cal cooking spray until soft. Add the curry paste, chilli, ginger and chicken, coat with paste and cook for a few min. Add chicken stock, tomatoes, coriander and bay leaves and leave to simmer for about 20 min, I like to add chickpeas about 5 minuets before the end of cooking. Serve with side of choice, we served with brown basmati rice and natural yogurt.
Gorgeous. Super simple, super tasty and super cheap. Ticks all our boxes.