After wearing out our old spiralizer, we have got a brand new toy for the kitchen – another spiralizer! We bought this one from Inspiralized.com and it is definitely the best one we have ever had. No messing around changing blades, just simple twist of the button to change sizes.
We put it to good use to day and prepped (spiralizing) our weekly veg. We prepped:
- Butternut Squash
We found the original recipe for this on Fashionable Foods, but tweaked it to make it Slimming World friendly. We swapped the marscarpone cheese for Philadelphia lightest (can be used as a healthy extra or 5.5 syns per 110g). We also did not use the chicken stock as felt it did not need it. We also used frylight instead of olive oil.
- Top of large butternut squash – spiralized
- 1 onion – finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 4 rashers of back bacon – all fat removed
- 2 tbsp Philadelphia lightest
- Pecorino cheese – optional (5 syns per 25g)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Place squashetti on a baking tray with frylight and roast on 150C for 15/20 min until aldente. In a large frying pan dry fry the bacon off until crispy. Add frylight and saute onions. Add garlic and spinach.
- Once spinach has wilted, add Philidelphia. Once melted, toss in squashetti.
- Serve and enjoy.
A delicious super simple dinner that tastes really indulgent and naughty – Ultra filling too 🙂