We are all aware of the benefits of eating right, especially after training. Tonight’s delight was a Lentil Bolognese with celeriac noodles. A really tasty protein packed meal to feed those worked muscles. Also crammed with nutritious vegetables and for those following the Slimming World plan like my Wife, this recipe is syn free.
- 1 red onion – finely diced
- 2 carrots – finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 courgette – deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 can green lentils
- 1 heaped tsp marmite
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 large celeriac – peeled and spiralized
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add onion and carrots with a little fry light and cook until soft. Add a little water if you wish. Add garlic.
- Add herbs, chopped tomato, tomato puree, marmite and balsamic vinegar. Gently simmer.
- Drain and rinse lentils. Add to mixture. Cook through.
- Spray a large frying pan with fry light. Add the spiralized celeriac. Add some salt and a dash of water. Saute until soft.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you are not using celeriac for your noodles, add a stick of celery to the bolognese mixture.