So, its Saturday night and we wanted to have something that felt a bit naughty whilst still being healthy. The kids suggested that we had burgers. We used to make this burger years ago and decided that we would bring it out of retirement for tonight. A super easy, nutritious, delicious burger that tastes naughtier than it actually is.
Ingredients – Serves 2, 1/2lb burgers
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 spring onion – finely chopped
- 1 red chilli – finely chopped (de-seed if you don’t want too much heat)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp beaten egg to bind
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients together. Leave in fridge for 30 min to marinade and bind.
- Cook on griddle pan on a medium heat until fully cooked. Try not to turn too many times.
- We toasted the bun on the griddle pan.
We served ours in a granary bun (add 10 syns for those on Slimming World; the burger is syn free). You can use a wholemeal bun as one of your healthy extras. Add tomato, lettuce and a syn free salsa if you wish.