On the quest to ensure breakfast is eaten, yet another delicious bar that is easy to make and tastes fantastic. Full of goodness and definitely does not make you feel bloated. This is from Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Super Food. Tastes like a naughty cake 🙂
- 100g unsalted mixed nuts – I used almonds, walnuts and cashews.
- 50g mixed seeds – I used chia, sunflower and pumpkin.
- 100g mixed dried fruit – I used cranberries and crystallized ginger.
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger.
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 orange
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 175g porridge oats
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. In a food processor, pulse the nuts, seeds, fruit and spices with the finely grated orange zest, then place in a bowl.
- Peel the orange then blitz the segments to a pulp with the banana in the processor.
- Pour the mixture into a measuring jug. Add the honey and top up to 500ml total volume with water. Pour into a large pan on a medium to high heat and just bring to the boil.
- Stir in the oats and blitzed nut mixture. Keep stirring and beating for 5 min or until the oats start releasing their starch and the mixture becomes gluey.
- Transfer to a non-stick square baking tin. Spread mixture out and bake in over for 45 to 50 min, or until golden and set.
- Leave to cool in the tray for 10 min, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Can be stored for up to 3 days.
- 9g Fat
- 1.2g Sat Fat
- 4.4g Protein
- 20.8g Carbs
- 11.6g Sugar
- 3.6g Fibre